Beach volleyball is a sport that is played on a beach and usually in summer. To play it, you need 2 players per team. The game is won in 2 sets of 21 points each. The goal of the game is to send the ball across the net and prevent the opponent from doing the same.
−Boundaries for the court.
- Form two teams of equal numbers.
- Mark out the court; it is 16 meters long and 8 meters wide.
- Place the net in the center of the court.
- The top of the net should be 2.43 meters from the ground in a men’s game and 2.24 meters in a women’s game.
How to play ?
- Beach volleyball is played by sending the ball over the net or by preventing the opponent from sending the ball over the net.
- The ball can touch the net by passing it to the other side.
- The game begins with a serve hit by the server.
The rally between the two teams ends when:
−The ball touches the ground.
−The ball is kicked out of the court.
−One team fails to return the ball.
- A game begins with a serve from the server.
−If the serving team scores the point, the server does not change.
−If the serving team scores the point, the next serve goes to them.
- Rounds of service alternate between players every 7 points in a clockwise direction.
- The ball can be played with any part of the body.
- The ball must be hit cleanly and accurately. It is not allowed to hold the ball.
- A player may not kick the ball twice in a row.
A team is only allowed to kick the ball three times, including against, before sending it to the other side.
A foul earns the opponent a point
- The ball is sent into the net or under the net.
- The ball is sent out of the playing area or beyond the opponent’s court.
- The player hits the ball twice in a row.
- The team hits the ball more than three times.
- The ball bounces in your part of the court.
The team forgets to rotate the players clockwise.
During the service, the player has one foot in his court. The serve is always done outside the court.
The player, whether attacker or defender, touches the net.
The player has one foot in the opponent’s court.
The contact with the ball is prolonged, giving the impression that the ball is being held.
A team scores 1 point when it wins the rally.
The game is played in 2 sets.
A set is played in 21 points.
To win a set, you must be at least 2 points ahead of your opponent.
In case of a 20-20 tie, continue to play until the 2-point gap is reached.
In case of a tie, a final set of 15 points with a minimum difference of 2 points is played.