Pogs is a throwing and precision game for 2 or more players, from 4 years old. It consists of throwing a kini at a pile of pogs with the aim of returning as many pogs as possible. The player gets back the pogs he/she turns over.
- Pogs, small cardboard discs 4 cm in diameter,
- Kinis, small 4 cm metal or plastic discs.
Before you start…
- Agree whether the pogs you win are to be kept or returned.
- Compare your pogs and agree on which pogs to put into play.
- Bet the same number of pogs.
- Shuffle the pogs and form a pile, face down.
- Place the pile in the centre of the playing area.
- Decide who will play first.
- The first player throws his or her kini onto the pile of pogs.
- He keeps the pogs that have been turned over.
- He forms a new pile with the unturned pogs.
- The turn goes to the next player.
End of the game
- The game ends when all the pogs have been turned over and collected by the players.
- The player who has collected the most pogs wins.
- Determine a distance from which to throw the kini.
- Pogs that have fallen but not been turned over are not put back into the pile. They have to be returned from where they are.