Shuffleboard is played outdoors. It is a game based on precision. It consists of throwing the puck while trying to get it as close as possible to the master. It can be played in duels or in teams.
- 12 pucks numbered from 1 to 12,
- 1 small puck called the master,
- 1 wooden plate or a lead plate.
- For a game with 2 players, the first player takes the pucks 1 to 6 and the second player takes the pucks 7 to 12.
- For a team game of 2 or 3, divide the pucks equally between you.
- Place the board on the floor.
- Stand 80 meters away from the board. In some versions, the distance is 5 meters.
How to play?
Throwing the master
- A first player throws the master onto the plate.
- He is allowed 3 tries.
- If he succeeds, he can throw his puck.
- If he misses, the next player has to throw the master.
- Once the master is on the board, the players can throw their pucks.
- A player is allowed 2 successive throws.
- A puck is not validated if :
– It does not land and stay on the board.It touches the ground before touching the board.
- If the master is ejected from the board, start the round again.
- The player whose puck comes closest to the master scores a point.
- A puck is worth 1 point.
- The puck closest to the master scores 1 point.
- Any puck that gets closer to the master than the opposing pucks scores points.
- The player or team that has scored points opens the new round by throwing the master.
End of the game
- When a player or team scores 13 points, they win the game.