Houses and hotels in the Monopoly game are very important elements to be able to win.
Table of Contents Unshow
As soon as you have all the properties of a color group, you can start buying houses. You can construct houses even when it’s not your turn.
However, you cannot build a second house on a property until you have built one on each property in the color group.
The maximum number of houses on a property is 4.
Once you have 4 houses on every property in a color group, you have the ability to buy hotels. You can only have one hotel on a property.
When you build a hotel, all of the houses that were on the property go back to the bank.
|Price of a house||50$||100$||150$||200$|
|Color of the property||Brown and Light Blue||Pink and Orange||Red and Yellow||Green and Dark Blue|
- It is often a good idea to own both expensive and cheaper properties.
- They will be easier to upgrade but will have lower earning potential.
- Sometimes building an additional house can cause the rent to increase enormously. Therefore, buying as many houses as you can is sometimes a great idea.
- It is sometimes smart to mortgage a property to be able to afford to construct houses or hotels on properties of a different color group.
- Avoid owning too many properties because that could mean you won’t have the budget to upgrade them.
- Avoid returning houses to the bank to turn them into hotels when the game is still far from over.
- Owning a lot of houses will prevent players from upgrading their properties and thus possibly saving you a lot of money.
- There are 32 houses and 12 hotels in Monopoly. Once they are all purchased, it is impossible to build new houses until another player frees one.
- If you have to sell a house for lack of money, the bank buys it at half price.
- You cannot sell houses or hotels to another player. You can only sell them to the bank.