Chromino is a matching game for 1 to 8 players, and can be played by anyone who’s 6 years old and over. The game consists of matching two chrominos by connecting at least 4 squares of the same color.
Rules of the game
- Match two chrominos by connecting at least 4 squares of the same color.
- Attention! It is forbidden to connect squares of different colors.
How to Win?
- The first player to use all their chrominos wins the game.
Contents of the Game
– 75 classic chrominos,
– 5 chameleon chrominos combining 2 different colors at each end,
- Attention! A chameleon chromino serves as a joker and the central square can be associated with any color.
- 1 bag,
- 1 rulebook
- Place a chameleon chromino, face up, in the center of the table. It will serve as a base.
- Store the rest in the bag to form the draw pile.
- Each player draws 8 chrominos and places them in front of themselves.
- Attention! Opponents must not see your chrominos.
How to Play?
- The youngest player starts.
- If a match can be made, the chromino is placed on the table.
- Otherwise, draw another chromino.
– If a match is possible, place the chromino and end your turn.
– Otherwise, keep the chromino.
- The turn passes to the player on the left..
End of the Game
- When a player has only one Chromino left in their hand, they place it on the table face up.
- That player wins the game.
- A last round is played and if other players manage to place their last chromino, they are tied for first place.
- Attention! The Chameleon Chromino cannot be the last Chromino played by a player.
- If this is the case, the player must draw.
Variations of the Game
Regarding the draw pile
- The player can be limited to 3, 4 or 5 successive draws.
- The number of successive draws is unlimited.
Regarding the chrominoes in hand
- The player can place their chrominoes, faceup, in front of themselves.
Variation for toddlers
- The object of the game is to connect two pieces of the same color.
- Assign one point to each color that makes up a Chromino.
= 2 points
- A Chameleon Chromino is worth 3 points.
- Raise the points obtained by combining 2 chrominos.
Each chromino is worth 2 points.
The match is worth 4 points.
- The player who collects the most points is declared winner.