The sack race is an outdoor game for all ages. The more participants, the more fun the game will be. It is a race where participants get into a potato sack. The first one to arrive wins the game.
- Potato bags.
Before you start…
- Mark off the field as a start and finish line.
- Assign a potato bag to each participant.
How to play?
- Runners take their place along the starting line, keeping a distance of 1 m.
- Each person enters their potato sack.
- When the signal is given, the runners run across the field, the goal being to be the first to cross the finish line.
- Form 2 teams of equal size and strength.
The relay race
- Members of the same team line up behind the starting line.
- At the signal, the first runner starts in his bag and must run back and forth.
- The second runner stands at the starting line and puts on his bag.
- The second runner can only start when the first runner comes back and claps his hand.
- The first team whose members have completed the round trip is declared the winner.
- Mark off the field to form a loop.
- Determine a starting point and from there, place a relay point every 2, 3 or 5 meters.
- There should be one member of each team on each relay point.
- Each team places a player on the finish line; give each runner a stick.
- At the signal, the first runners start in their potato sacks and must reach the next relay point.
- Only players who have the stick in their hand can run.
- Therefore, the relay runners can only take their turn once they have the baton in hand.
- The player who returns to the starting point gives the victory to his team.