Discover the cards present in a game of Uno and their characteristics.
Uno has 108 cards including 76 Number cards with 19 cards of each color (blue, green, red, and yellow) numbered from 0 to 9, with a single 0 of each color and 2 cards of each number from 1 to 9 per color.
Uno has 32 special cards distributed as follows:
- 8 Draw 2 cards (2 of each color): this card forces the next player to draw 2 cards and skip their turn. It’s possible to decide before the game that the receiver of this card’s effect can place another Draw 2 on top of the one already there, stacking the number of cards to be drawn by the player after them.
- 8 Reverse cards (2 of each color): this card reverses the direction of the game, that is to say, that if play was moving clockwise then it must now move counterclockwise. The player who places this card does not play twice, except when the game is played by 2 players only.
- 8 Skip cards (2 of each color): this card forces the next player to lose their turn.
- 4 Wild cards (a black card with the 4 colors displayed on it): this card allows the player to choose whether or not to change the color of play to the color of their choice by announcing it to the other players.
- 4 Wild Draw 4 cards: when this card is played, the next player must draw 4 cards and their turn is skipped. The player who places it also gets to choose whether or not to change the color of play to the color of their choice (the Wild card effect).
Some versions of Uno offer you different cards, such as:
- 3 Blank cards: you can agree to write new rules on the blank part of this card using a pencil. It can also be used to replace a lost card or to increase the presence of certain cards.
- 4 Discard All cards: this card allows the player to get rid of all the cards of the desired color at once.
- 1 Swap Hands card: when a player places this card, they can exchange their hand with the player of their choice, except players with one card left.
- 4 Boomerang cards: a player places this card to reflect the effect of the Action card that’s just been used against them onto the player who placed it.
Official rules in PDF
Explore the official Uno Cards rules in PDF