Uno Extreme comes with a Card Launcher and adds new extreme rules to the classic Uno. This version enables a game of Uno to be more fun and unpredictable.
Goal of the Game
The objective is the same as in regular Uno: to be the first player to get rid of all their cards.
Start of the Game
The cards must be shuffled thoroughly before each player draws one. Whoever has the highest number starts the game and the player to their right deals 7 cards to each player.
The dealer turns over the top card of the draw pile and the player to their left must play a card of the same color, number, or symbol. If they cannot, they will have to draw a card which they can place if it’s a valid one.
If the dealer turns over an action card, then its effect takes place.
Course of the Game
Players take turns in the direction of play, each placing a card.
Each player must play a card of the same color, number, or symbol as the one on the face of the discard pile (or play an appropriate Action Card). If they cannot, they hit the Launcher button. If the Launcher shoots cards out, those cards are added to the player’s hand and they can choose to play one of those cards if possible. If nothing happens after hitting the Launcher button, then it’s the next player’s turn.
The Uno Extreme Card Launcher
Uno Extreme has a Card Launcher in its contents. Here’s how to use it:
When you can’t play, you have to press the Card Launcher button.
The Launcher will either give you a random number of cards or no cards at all.
Only chance and luck will determine the number of cards the Launcher shoots out. 🙂
All the cards that come out of the Launcher are to be added to the hand of the player who pressed its button.
Classic Uno Cards that are Present in Uno Extreme
There are 76 cards that are divided into 19 cards of blue, green, red, and yellow that are present in the classic Uno as well as Uno Extreme.
The effects of the Action cards are where Uno Extreme offers some innovation.
- This card changes the direction of play. For example, if the direction of play was clockwise, then it must now become counterclockwise.
- This card can only be played on a card of the same color or another Reverse card.
- If turned over at the start of the game, the dealer will be the player who takes the first turn.
- When this card is played, the next player’s turn is skipped.
- The Skip card can only be played on a card of the same suit or another Skip card.
- If this card is turned over at the start of the game, its effect still takes place.
- When a player places this card, they have the option of whether or not to change the color in play.
- A Wild card can only be played if the player does not have a card of the color currently in play.
Cards that are Unique to Uno Extreme
This game offers players new and unique cards to make it more fun:
- The Discard All Card : this card gives you the opportunity to get rid of all the cards in your hand of the same color.
- The Hit 2 Card : this card forces the next player to press the Launcher’s button twice and then their turn is skipped.
You cannot stack the effect of Hit 2 cards by placing a Hit 2 card on top of another. Mattel has declared that that’s illegal!
- The Extreme Hit Card : when a player places this card, they can choose the color of play. They also choose a player who must press the Launcher’s button four times before their turn is skipped.
You cannot stack the effect of these cards by placing an Extreme Hit on top of another.
Finishing a Game
To win at Uno Extreme, you must be the first player to get rid of all their cards. When you have one card left, announce “Uno!”.
If you forget and another player notices, you must hit the Launcher twice and collect all the cards shot out.
If you decide to play several rounds, you could decide upon a number of points (500 for example). The game ends when a player reaches that number, they lose the game, and the player with the fewest points is declared the winner.
Here is how points are counted at the end of a round:
- Number cards are worth the values indicated.
- Hit 2 cards are worth 20 points each.
- Reverse cards are worth 20 points each.
- Skip cards are worth 20 points each.
- Discard All cards are worth 30 points each.
- Wild cards are worth 50 points each.
- Extreme Hit cards are worth 50 points each.