Discover below the rules of the great game Twister. Don’t forget to keep your balance and may the best player win!
What do you need to play Twister?
To play Twister, you need
-At least two players
-A game mat
-A game wheel
What do you need to do before you start the game?
- Choose a player to referee the game
- Each player takes off their shoes
- Both players stand at the end of the game board with one foot on the yellow circle and the other on the blue circle
- If there are three of you, the third player stands on the long side of the mat with both feet on the red or green circles (depending on player’s choice)
- If there are four of you, the fourth player stands in front of the player on the long side of the mat or you can play as a team of two players
- If you are playing as a team, each team stands at the end of the game mat, next to each other and with their feet on the 4 circles
What is the goal of the game?
The object of Twister is to be the last player not to fall. Each player must follow the referee’s calls and keep their balance as long as possible to avoid falling.
How does a game of Twister work?
- Once all the players are in place on the game board, the referee spins the wheel
- The referee announces the body part and color indicated by the tip of the wheel when it stops spinning (e.g., left foot-blue circle, right hand-red circle, left foot-yellow circle, etc.)
- At this point, all players must follow whatever the referee announces by placing their right or left hand, or their left or right foot, on the color announced (depending on the outcome of the roulette wheel).
- Players must remain in this position until the next announcement from the referee
- After that, the referee turns the wheel again and announces the result of the wheel once more
- The players follow the result of the roulette wheel once more and the game continues until there is only one player left on the game board
♦ It is forbidden to put the knee or the elbow during the whole game
♦ When a player falls, knees or elbows, he is eliminated
♦ The players are only allowed to move after the result of the roulette
♦ Until the referee announces the result of the roulette, the players must remain still and balanced
The special circles of the Twister roulette wheel
- Cloud circle: when the tip of the roulette wheel is positioned on this circle, the players must put their foot (left or right depending on the result of the roulette) or their hand (left or right depending on the result of the roulette) in the air.
- The Twister circle: when the tip of the roulette wheel is positioned on this circle, the referee must carry out a challenge for all the players (example: right hand in the air while imitating the voice of a monkey, left foot in the air while singing, etc.).
How do I win at Twister?
To win Twister, you must be the last player left on the game board. If you are playing as a team, the team with the last player left on the mat wins.