Pay Me is a combination card game for 2 to 4 players from 12 years old. Discover the rules of this game and have a great time with family or friends.
To play Pay Me, you need 52 cards
- Choose a dealer
- In the first round, each player receives 3 cards
- In the second round, each player gets 4 cards and so on until each player gets 14 cards
- The remaining cards will be used as a deck
The value of the cards
- Cards 2 to 9 are worth their numerical value
- Jacks, queens and kings are worth 10 points
- Aces are worth 51 points
Purpose of the game
In Pay Me, each player must do their best to total as few points as possible at the end of the game.
How the game is played
- The player who starts the game must draw one card and discard another
- Each player plays in turn and they will have to make different combinations such as: a straight, a three-card suit (three cards of the same value) and/or a four-card suit (four cards of the same value)
- If a player can no longer make a combination, he must announce “PAY ME!” and put his cards on the table
- At this point, all other players must also put their cards on the table
→ Attention! The other players have the opportunity to make combinations on the cards of the player who has announced “PAY ME”. This allows the other players to reduce the number of cards they have in their hand and thus reduce the points.
Example: A player has announced “Pay Me” and has a 9 and a 7 which are not a combination. Another player who has a pair of 9s can place them on top of the caller’s 9 to make a set of 9s.
End of the game
- When a player announces “Pay Me”, all other players must lay down their cards and make the various combinations that are still possible for them.
- Each player totals the number of points of the cards they still have in their hand, i.e. those that do not constitute a combination, and the player with the fewest points wins.
- When a player calls “Pay Me”, he/she gets a bonus of -5 points
- When a player calls “Pay Me” and still has combination possibilities, he/she gets a penalty of 50 points.