Skyjo is a card game for 2 to 8 players, from 8 years old. The aim of each player is to finish the game with as few points as possible.
Content of the game
- 150 numbered cards,
- 1 notepad to keep track of points,
- 1 rule booklet.
Principle and purpose of the game
- Skyjo is played over several rounds.
- In each round the player will try to reveal all his cards.
- The numbers on the revealed cards are added together to get the player’s score.
- As soon as a player reaches 100 points, the game ends.
- The player who ends the game with the lowest score is declared the winner.
- Take a sheet of paper from the block, and write down the names of all the players.
- Shuffle the cards.
- Deal 12 cards to each player.
- The rest will form the deck.
- The first card in the deck is discarded; this is the discard pile.
- The players must lay their 12 cards face down on the table to form four columns of three cards.
- Two cards are revealed.
- The player with the highest score starts the game.
- Play clockwise.
How to play?
- The first player has 2 possibilities:
1/ He can draw a card.
- The drawn card will be studied.
- If it suits him, it will be placed on his card column in exchange for a card, which will be discarded.
- If the card drawn does not suit him, it is discarded.
- A card from his column of cards, face down, must then be revealed.
2/ He can choose a card from the discard pile.
- This card is exchanged for a card from his column of cards.
A column of 3 identical cards
– When a player reveals a column of three identical cards, they can be discarded.
End of the round
- When a player manages to reveal all his cards, the round ends.
- All other players must reveal their cards in turn.
- The numbers above are then added together to get the score for each player.
- The points are recorded on the pad of paper.
- A new round begins.
- Attention! If the player who has successfully revealed all his cards does not have the minimum score, his score is doubled.
End of the game
- Please note! In Skyjo, the goal is not to get the maximum number of points.
- As soon as the 100 points are reached or exceeded, the game ends.
- The points are totalled and the player with the fewest points is declared the winner.