Rummikub is a logic game for 2 to 4 players, from 7 years old. It consists of using the letters in your hand to form new words. The aim of the game is to score as many points as possible by getting rid of the letters.
- 112 tiles,
- 4 easels.
Also bring a sheet of paper, a pen and a stopwatch.
- Each person receives 1 easel.
- Shuffle the tiles and place them face down on the table.
- Each player chooses a tile.
- The player whose tile is closest to the letter A starts.
- Place the tiles back on the table, face down.
- Each player draws 14 tiles and adds them to their rack.
- The rest form the deck.
- Play clockwise.
How do you play?
- Each player must form a word of at least 6 letters from their hand.
- Words already on the table may not be changed; all words must be new.
- If a player cannot form a word, they draw a tile and add it to their hand.
- It is not allowed to form a foreign word, an abbreviation or a hyphenated word.
The rest of the rounds
- After the first round, the players have the choice of forming a new word or changing one or more words on the table.
- There is no limit to the number of words you can form.
- Please note! To modify a word already created, you must use at least one letter from your easel.
- A player’s rack must always contain at least 7 letters. To do this, the player must draw letters at the end of his turn.
- Set a time limit within which the player must complete his turn.
- If a player fails to form a word, he/she must make sure that the words on the table are spelled correctly.
- If at the end of the time limit there are still misspelled words, they are returned to the deck and the player skips their next turn.
- It is not allowed to draw a joker before a word has been placed.
- The joker can be used to form a first word.
- If a joker is not played, you lose 30 points at the end of the game.
- You can take a joker on a word already formed under 2 conditions:
- You must replace it with the corresponding letter.
- It must be played in the same turn.
- The letter that replaces a joker can come from your hand or from the deck.
Counting the points
- Each tile scores 1 point.
- When a player clears all the tiles from his rack, his score is doubled.
End of the game
- The game ends when :
- A player has used up all his tiles.
- The deck is exhausted.
- The player who scores the most points wins the game.
- You can play with a theme.
- All the words formed must follow the theme.