Color Addict is a card game for adults and children alike. It can be played at three levels: beginner, intermediate and expert.
- 110 cards
Intermediate and Expert Levels
- Shuffle all the cards.
- Deal them equally among all players.
- Each player will have their own draw pile.
- At the start of the game, everyone will draw 3 cards.
- Players must always have at least 3 cards in hand.
Only cards displaying the words Blue, Yellow, Red and Green will be used.
Objective of the Game and How to Win
- Get rid of all your cards.
- The first player who manages to do that wins the game.
How to Play
Beginner and Intermediate Level
- Once the cards have been dealt, the dealer begins.
- They turn over the top card of their deck and place it in the center of the table.
- Play moves in a clockwise direction.
- The next player’s card must have an element in common with the discarded card: a color or a word.
- With each discarded card, the player must draw a new one from their pile.
- If after discarding a card they have more than 3 cards left in their hand, they do not draw.
The joker card
- A player can also play a multicolored joker card.
- After playing it, they announce the color of the next hand. (Example: green)
- The next player must then discard a card linked to the color green.
Not having the correct cards
- If a player does not have a joker or a card corresponding to the discarded card, they must draw an additional card and pass their turn.
- If on the next turn they still have no playable cards, they repeat the process of drawing an additional card and passing their turn.
- At the expert level, there are no turns.
- As soon as the dealer discards their first card, it’s a race between the players to get rid of their cards.
- The game in this case becomes a game of speed.