Chinese Checkers is a puzzle game for 2 to 6 players. Each player will aim to lead their pieces to the other side of the board. The first to do so wins the game.
Principle of the Game
- Each player has to occupy a corner of the star before the other players.
Contents of the Game
- 1 wooden game board in the shape of a 6-pointed star,
- 60 pieces of 6 different colors
- Place the board in the center of the table.
- Each player chooses a color and takes the corresponding pieces.
- Each player places their pieces on a corner of the star of the game board. Each player’s corner is their home
Course of the Game
- Take turns in a clockwise direction.
- You are only allowed to move one piece per turn.
- There are two techniques for moving.
- Important note: It is not allowed to combine the 2 techniques.
- You are only allowed to apply one technique per turn.
- Move to an adjacent empty square
- The move is made to an adjacent empty square.
- The move can be done:
- To the left or to the right.
- Diagonally or straight.
- Forward or backward.
- Moving by jumping
- Moving by jumping is only possible:
- If a piece is juxtaposed with yours.
- If a space is unoccupied on the other side.
- You can perform several jumps during a turn.
- The piece over which you jump is not eliminated, it stays in the game.
- When you’re making several jumps, you are free to stop when you want and where you want.
With 2 Players
- Each player can play with 1, 2 or 3 colors.
With 3 Players
- Each player can play with 1 or 2 colors.
With 4 Players
- Only 1 color per player.
- 2 corners will remain unused.
- 6 players are needed to play this variation.
- Form 3 teams of 2 players.
- Teammates should sit on opposite corners of the star.
- To win, a player must reach their teammate’s home.