5 Seconds is a speed and quiz game that can be played between 3 and 6 players, from 8 years old. Each player’s objective is to answer 3 questions correctly in 5 seconds in order to advance.
Goal of the game
To be the first to finish the course.
- 376 Question cards,
- 12 Pass cards,
- 2 Change cards,
- 6 counters,
- 1 game board,
- 1 timer
- Each player chooses a counter.
- Place the counter on the start square of the game board.
- Give 2 Pass cards and 2 Change cards to each player.
- Place the cards in the shoe; red and yellow cards first.
- If the shoe cannot hold all the cards, you can add more cards during the game.
- Place the shoe and the timer within reach of all players.
- The youngest player starts.
- The player to his or her right draws a card from the shoe and reads its contents aloud.
- The content of a card is a question that begins with: “Name 3…”
- Once the contents of the card are read, the timer is flipped.
- The first player has 5 seconds to give 3 correct answers.
- Be careful! The other players can decide if the answers are acceptable or not.
- He moves his piece forward one space.
- The next player must find 3 correct answers in 5 seconds.
- Attention! Answers already given cannot be reused.
- The card is passed from one player to another until someone finds the right answers.
- If the card is returned to the original player, he/she moves his/her counter forward one space.
- Play continues in a clockwise direction.
- These can be used by the player whose turn it is.
- To play a special card, the player must announce PASS or CHANGE after reading the question.
- The player is only allowed one special card per question.
- The PASS cards
- The player to his left answers the 3 questions in 5 seconds.
- If he succeeds, both players advance one space.
- If he fails, the card is not passed to the next player and the player whose turn it is moves forward one space.
The Change cards
- The player whose turn it is can draw a new card.
The Danger Zone squares
- A player on a Danger Zone square must give 3 correct answers or be penalized.
- Penalties include:
– Losing a turn,
– Not being allowed to answer a question in progress,
– He must flip over his piece.
- Once his turn is skipped, the pawn is raised and he re-enters the game.
Winning the game
- The first player to reach the finish line wins the game.