Dutch is a card game that combines memory and tactics and is very popular in the evening for 2 to 6 players. Played in several rounds, the aim is to get rid of the strongest cards to finish the game with the fewest points possible.
- Packs of 52 cards, without jokers.
- Shuffle and mix the cards.
- Each player receives 4 cards; this is their deck.
- Be careful! Do not look at the cards.
- Line up your cards face down in front of you.
- At the beginning of the game, each player is allowed to look at and memorise 2 cards from their deck.
- The rest will form the deck.
- Discard the first card from the deck.
- Play clockwise.
How do you play?
- During his turn, the player is entitled to one of the following actions.
- Discard one or more cards
- Each player can discard one or more cards from their hand at any time.
- Any discarded card must be of the same value as the first card in the discard pile.
- If you make a mistake, you must draw a penalty card and add it to your hand, and drink 2 sips.
Drawing a card
- Draw a card.
- If it doesn’t suit you, you can discard it.
Draw a card and exchange it for a card from your deck
- Draw a card.
- Look at a card from your deck.
- You must keep the card you drew and discard the card you looked at.
Take the first card from the discard pile
- Take the first card from the discard pile.
- Swap it with one of the cards in your deck.
- Some cards have a special effect.
- When they are discarded, their effect is applied.
|All players take 5 sips.
|Look at a card from your deck.
|All players take 3 sips.
|Swap one of your cards for an opponent’s card without looking at them.
End of a round
- As soon as a player feels that he has fewer points than his opponents, he announces “Dutch”.
- A final round is played and the cards are revealed.
- The points are counted and the player with the fewest points wins the round.
- The role of first player is passed to the player to the left of the winner.
|2 à 10
|The value shown
End of the game
- As soon as a player scores 100 points, the game ends.
- The player with the fewest points wins the game.