Carla Cat is a speed game for 3 to 4 players and can be played by anyone who’s 4 years old and over. Players can play as mice, whose goal is to nibble on cheese without getting caught by the cat. Or to play as the cat whose goal is to catch as many mice while they try to nibble on the cheese.
Contents of the Game
- 1 piece of cheese made of felt,
- 1 cat cup,
- 6 mice,
- 24 cards,
- 1 rulebook.
- Place the cheese in the center of the table.
- A player receives the cat cup and the die.
- The rest of the players will each receive a mouse and 4 cards.
How to Play
- Place all the mice on the cheese.
- Make sure the cords are within reach of the players.
- The player who takes the role of the cat rolls the die.
The Die Lands on the Mouse Face
- Nothing happens.
- The cat rolls the die again.
The Die Lands on the Cat Face
- The mice must leave the cheese before the cat catches them.
- To do this, pull the strings.
- The cat must catch a mouse while it’s nibbling on the cheese.
End of a Round
- If the cat catches a mouse, they receive a card.
- The cat still has the turn.
- If the cat fails to catch a mouse, the turn passes to the player to their left.
- If a player misinterprets the die, they must discard one of their cards.
End of the Game
- The game ends as soon as a player runs out of cards.
- The player with the most cards is declared the winner.